For the last four years, I have been involved with the City of Bayswater’s Community Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee (Previously known as the Disability Access and Inclusion Plan Committee). During the last two years I chaired the Committee, and previously I volunteered as a regular community member.
It has given me the chance to provide input to City policies and practices that affect the lives of people with disabilities, seniors, youth and people from non-English backgrounds.
If you or any member of our community experience difficulties within the City of Bayswater, in the following areas:
• Buildings, facilities or footpaths
• Getting around our community
• Signage – inadequate or non-existent signs
• Information – difficulty accessing and reading information such as pamphlets
and minutes etc.
• Special needs not being met by staff and local business.
• Community members not being included in consultation processes
Please contact the City via email email@example.com, or complete the pamphlet (“Creating Accessible Communities”) which can be picked up at the library. Alternatively, you can directly contact me via the Contact page.
For previous posts on the issue: